University of Illinois
Department of Economics
1407 W. Gregory
18 David Kinley Hall
Urbana, IL 61801
Tel: (217) 300-2654
Fax: (217) 244-6678
Driving to Opportunity: Local Rents, Wages, Commuting, and Sub-Metropolitan Quality of Life. (with Bert Lue) Journal of Urban Economics, Forthcoming.
- Are Houses Too Big or in the Wrong Place? Taxes Benefits to Housing and Inefficiencies in Location and Consumption. (with Andrew Hanson) NBER Tax Policy and the Economy, 2014.
Quality of Life, Firm Productivity, and the Value of Amenities across Canadian Cities. (with Fernando Leibovici and Casey Warman) Canadian Journal of Economics, 46(2), May 2013.
- Partisan Representation in Congress and the Geographic Distribution of Federal Funds. (sole-authored) Review of Economics and Statistics, 95(1), March 2013, pp. 127-141.
- The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation: Comment. (sole-authored)
American Economic Review, 102(6), October 2012, pp. 3059-3076. Appendix .
Evaluating the Efficiency and Equity of Federal Fiscal Equalization. (sole-authored) Journal of Public Economics 96(9-10), October 2012, pp. 824-839.
- Do Voters Affect or Elect Policies? A New Perspective, with Evidence from the U.S. Senate. (sole-authored)
Electoral Studies 30(1), March 2011, pp. 162-173.
- The Unequal Geographic Burden of Federal Taxation
Journal of Political Economy 117(4), August 2009, pp. 635-667.
- The Wage Gap between Francophones and Anglophones: A Canadian Perspective, 1970-2000
. (sole-authored) Canadian Journal of Economics 41(4), November 2008, pp. 1211-1238. Appendix.
Working Papers under Revision
- Public Economics: Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D.
- Urban Economics: Undergraduate
- Labor Economics/Economic Inequality: Undergraduate
- 2012 Peggy and Richard Musgrave Prize.
- 2008 Robert Mundell Prize.
- 2008 Upjohn Institute Dissertation Award.
- 2008 AREUEA Dissertation Award.
- 2007 NTA Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Prize.